Tsjoch

I like to say tsjoch. It is preferably said just before nipping from a glass of beerenburg. Although wine and beer work out perfectly as well. And tsjoch happens to be the first title I tried for this blog that was still free.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Bycicle revisited

Riding a bycicle in Kyoto can be a pritty uncoordinated action. As a cyclist you can chose wherever you want tot cycle. The road, sidewalk left or right. Brakes and lights are nice things to have. But you could do just as well without them. THe most important part of your bycicle is the basket at the front part of the bycicle. You can put anything in it.
So I was a bit supprised when I was stopped by the police. I had waited for the traffic light to become green (realy a sissy thing to do). But insted of stopping the guy that had crossed the street while the trafficlight was red they stopped me. ( Although they did say 'Abunai' to the guy, dangerous). I could skill up my Japanese conversation abbilities for half an hour with two police officers about bycicle ownership, and the history of my bycicle and the lock that had fallen of (apperently Japanese police officers have a trained eyesight for bycicles with locks that have fallen of from oldage). Me not being a registered bycicle owner; couldn't proof that I had gotten my bycicle in a proper manner.

1 Comments:

At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so what? they took away ur bike?

kyaaa (>_<) i hate open endings!!

btw, do u c how im trying to make up for the months not reading ur blog by frantically posting around? XD

ごめんね。バタバタしてった・・
.roel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home